Ever catch yourself gazing enviously at your neighbor, happily walking his Min-Pin? Ever long to go camping with a happy-go-lucky lab or just snuggling up on the couch with a furry best friend? You’re not alone!
There are over 78 million dogs in the United States, and man’s best friend can surely bring a lot of joy and devotion to someone’s life. If you’re on the fence about whether to adopt a dog, we encourage you to consider the following list of reasons this may be the right decision for you.
10 Reasons You Should Adopt a Dog (Like, Now!)
- Companionship – Nothing says loyalty like a faithful dog who will gladly keep you company. And, your dog is always happy to hang out with you – even when you’re grumpy or having a bad hair day.
- Exercise – Been feeling a little lackluster about hitting the gym? No worries! Going on walks, hikes, and jogs with your furry pal can keep both of you fit and active.
- Health – Just as you’ll provide your dog with all the essentials for the healthiest life possible, he or she may make you a little healthier, as well. Studies show that pet ownership reduces stress, lowers blood pressure, and decreases your odds of depression.
- Community – Not only will you gain a new friend in your canine companion, but you’ll also acquire a whole community of dog enthusiasts. From dog park social hours to dog-themed Meetup groups, there’ll be no shortage of fun activities. What are you waiting for?!
- Laughter – Nothing can send you into fits of laughter like the hysterical antics of a dog. They’re nature’s comedians and are always full of cute mannerisms to share with your pals on social media.
- Attention – Ok, this isn’t the most noble of reasons – but caring for a special pup might garner you some attention from a potential admirer or two…love is in the air!
- Family – A dog is much more than “just a pet.” They’re family members who, for many, are preferred company over most other humans.
- Caring – Adopting a dog heightens your sense of empathy and can offer you a chance to learn how to be truly nurturing, patient, and kind.
- Generosity – Dogs have incredibly big hearts and are unabashed in their willingness to make us happy. When you adopt a dog, you get to bask in the glow of what it means to be a hero to a pet in need.
- Unconditional love – Last but certainly not least, bringing a dog into your life signals the beginning of a lifetime of love. Dogs love us for who we are, and we love them and all of their quirky charms. The bond you share with your fur friend is like no other!
If you’re looking for a new addition to your family, we hope you’ll choose to adopt from a rescue or animal shelter. Don’t forget to bring your new pet in to see us for his or her first wellness exam!
(P.S. Check out all the sweet kitties up for adoption, too!